Who are we?
You’re at the website of The Riot Ensemble.
Registered charity no. 1178276
At Riot Ensemble, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure. We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
How do we collect information from you?
You give us your information when you buy a ticket, sign up to receive email newsletters from us, make a donation, apply for a job or to our Call for Scores, or communicate with us.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Process a donation that you have made
- Process orders that you have submitted
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about upcoming concerts and events, appeals, other fundraising activities and occasionally information in these communications from partner organisations or organisations who support us
- Improve our understanding of our audience through tracking your response to emails (or other communications) that we send you
- Process an application to us
If you make a donation online, apply to our Call for Scores or purchase a ticket from us, we maintain a record of your transaction history but never store your card number. Card information is collected by our third party payment processors, such as PayPal, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell personal details to third parties for any purpose.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors. As with all organisations operating online, data that is transmitted via the internet or in email cannot be 100% secure. We will take every reasonable precaution to keep your information safe but it cannot be guaranteed and so please be aware that any information you do transmit to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use our best effort to ensure its safety within our systems, which sit within the European Economic Area.
Giving You Control
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not wish to hear from us, you can choose your communications preferences when completing forms on this website. You can also opt out of communications at any time – every email newsletter sent to you includes an unsubscribe button in its footer or you can contact us at contact [at] riotensemble [dot] com.
If you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still need to get in touch with you to provide important information about the events you’ve booked or to tell you about any changes. If you have applied for Riot Ensemble’s Call for Scores, or to work as part of our administrative team, your personal information will only be processed for the purposes of running and communicating about that CFS, or role. You will not receive marketing communications unless you have signed up for our dedicated alerts.
Riot Ensemble as a charity, and how we respect our donors
The Riot Ensemble relies on charitable support to maintain our programme, and our work and existence are only possible thanks to the kind support of people like you.
We want to ensure our communications to our supporters are personal, relevant and timely, offering you the best possible association with Riot Ensemble. We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences, including making use of publicly available information relating to you, to help us best tailor your relationship with us.
If you would like to find out more about supporting The Riot Ensemble, and the special opportunities it offers, visit our dedicated web pages here.
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or Fundraising Regulator
Email: contact [at] riotensemble [dot] com
Website Terms and Conditions
Your use of this website is subject to the following conditions and you should not use this website unless you accept these conditions:
- Although we strive to provide up-to-date and accurate information, Riot Ensemble accepts no liability to any person for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained at this website
- Performance details on the site are subject to change without prior notice. Riot Ensemble accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through the site
- By accessing this website, you will be assuming all risks associated with its use, including risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the Riot Ensemble website or your access to it
- We are not responsible for the content of any linked websites and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of that linked website
- Riot Ensemble reserves the right to withdraw its website at any time and without prior warning.
All content, designs, text, graphics and imagery on this website are the copyright of The Riot Ensemble and/or its content providers. Reproduction of part or all of this website in any form is prohibited other than for individual use only.
If you have any questions about either our Website Terms & Conditions or Conditions of Sale and Exchanges, please contact us at contact [at] riotensemble [dot] com.