We are thrilled to announce our 2018 Call for Scores!
On October 31st, we will perform Jonathan Harvey’s Song Offerings alongside the world premiere of a new viola concerto by Benjamin Graves. Two chosen composers will be commissioned to write sextets of:
Flute(s), Clarinet(s), Saxophone(s), Violin, Cello and Doublebass
The chosen composers will receive:
- Rehearsals and public premiere of their new work in London on 31 October 2018
- A professional, live AV recording of their piece. (This is a minimum. All our commissions are considered for our ongoing recording sessions, and both of our 2016 commissions are about to be released on our second commercial CD).
- The AV recording will be sync’d and placed onto our Vimeo Channel.
Each composer will receive a £750 commission fee for their work.
Any composer not currently represented on our 2018 Season is eligible to apply.
What to Submit
Using the form below, please submit:
- Your name, E-mail address & Country of Residence
- Your current Resume/CV
- PDF files of two recent scores (within the last 5 years). These pieces may be for any instrumentation – we simply want your best work! (NB: scroll down within the form upload your second score!)
- Links to Soundcloud or YouTube recordings of these pieces.
We are charging an entry fee of £10. All funds raised from this Call go directly to musicians involved in the concert in which these works will be premiered. We will receive your e-mail along with your payment so please let us know if your paypal account is not registered to your preferred e-mail address. Any composer who has attended two or more of our 2017 concerts will have this fee waived. Simply let us know if this applies to you by sending us an e-mail listing the concerts you attended in 2017.
All entries – including entrance fee – must be received by 11:59pm GMT on Sunday 4th March.
Entries will firstly be judged against eligibility and the winning composers will then be chosen by members of our Artistic Board. The winning composers will be announced no later than 9th April with the final pieces due on 9th September.
If you have any questions, or have trouble using the uploader below, e-mail us with your details and we will get back to you as soon as possible! Thank you!